The Purchasing Manager will manage Sure-Trac® procurement activities by implementing purchasing strategies, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, working with buyers and managers at individual plants regarding their material needs, and overseeing the purchasing team in their daily activities.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage and optimize purchasing activities and processes for economies of scale, efficiency of workflow, accuracy of information, and continual improvement.
- Manage supplier relationships from sourcing through contract, negotiate with a win – win approach the best possible deals with suppliers, and ensure expectations are met; valuate suppliers for accuracy to contract pricing, delivery, and quality expectations.
- Develop, monitor, and improve purchasing strategies to reduce costs where possible while maintaining or improving quality of materials.
- Lead the Purchasing team through the oversight of daily activities of Buyers and Material Handlers, monitoring workloads, performance feedback, training, and development of people.
- Act as Buyer for assigned facility to purchase required materials and services to support and maintain consistent output within manufacturing and for projects; this includes creating purchase orders and controlling inventory accuracy.
- Act as subject matter expert in the Material Resource Planning software, provide guidance to the Purchasing team and the organization.
- Coordinate with Operations Leadership to determine and manage inventory needs and levels.
- Support the yearly material budget for Sure-Trac®.
- Assist in other areas and perform other duties, as needed. (This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities required for this job.)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related technical field, or equivalent demonstrated skills and experience.
- Experience purchasing within manufacturing preferred.
- Proven experience in leading successful teams
- Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and an ERP system
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently