Material handlers ensures the material storage area is organized and fully stocked for production. Team members assist in the unloading of delivery trucks and the verification of material on such trucks.
Essential Job Duties:
- Operate fork truck to move materials.
- Spot check incoming product for quality assurance
- Able to work in a team environment to achieve production goals.
- Assist in the unloading of daily, incoming shipments.
- Verify materials entering the building by checking the parts to the packing list.
- Ensure all product is organized and readily available for use
- Maintain clear isle ways when storing material
- Move material safely with and without an overhead hoist
- Know and differentiate among the different types materials required to build trailers
- Become familiar with the ST numbers associated with all materials used in production
- Keep lines stocked with necessary materials needed for production
- Perform cycle counts to ensure inventory is updated and accurate
- Pulling UPS and IBT’s as needed
- Assist in other areas as needed and perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma / GED, or equivalent demonstrated skills and abilities in directly job-related experiences.
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination with the ability to safely lift 80 pounds with prolonged periods of standing.
- Able to work 10 hour shifts with potential overtime.
- Willing to submit a pre-employment background check and urine drug screen.
- Able to work in a self-directed way to manage multiple demands of time and attention in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Click available position to learn more and apply.