Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist, while fostering a culture that supports the mission of Novae Corp, is a support to and advocate for employees; is a business partner for leaders in handling Human Resources related responsibilities; and carries out the responsibilities in the functional areas of recruitment: onboarding, benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, policy administration, and employment law compliance.
- Perform active recruitment, selection, and hiring functions for all positions. Represent organization at job fairs, create classified advertising, screen applications/resumes, coordinate applicant testing, conduct interviews, complete relevant background checks, extend job offers and coordinate onboarding.
- Act as a resource for employees in understanding the expectations and culture at Novae; advise on benefits, organizational policies, employment laws, and advocate for positive relationships and individual growth.
- Act as a resource and coach for leaders in proactively leading employees. Advise on organizational policies, employment laws, and, when needed, facilitate the corrective action process through counsel, documentation and delivery. Refer situations to human resources management, as appropriate.
- Support the safety of our teams through teaching safe work practices, regularly discussing safety as a priority, supporting the investigation process, maintaining safety related data, and participating in corrective action of safety issues if needed.
- Support the human resources function of the organization through regular participation in projects for continual improvement.
- Develop human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
- Stay current on job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Assist in other areas and perform other duties, as needed. (This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities required for this job.)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, or demonstrated skills and experience, preferred.
- Experience in a professional level Human Resources position, PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines.
- Knowledge of safety best practices and OSHA regulations.
- Experience with managing safety programs and implementation of new safety practices.
- Knowledge of employment laws
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Highly motivated.
- Customer service mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of management.
- Able to manage confidential information.
Click available position to learn more and apply.