The Automation Engineer is responsible for designing, programming, simulating, and testing automated machinery for new and existing processes.
- Collaborate with departmental and corporate leadership to determine existing automation capabilities and future opportunities
- Provide support to all employee levels in the operation and maintenance of automated equipment
- Collaborate with operations to understand how automation can improve workflow
- Work closely with internal and external customers and vendors to resolve issues and provide technical support
- Support existing automation technology with component and process upgrades
- Assist in trouble-shooting equipment controls
- Manage tooling and gauge design and drawings
- Prepare, organize, and update project documentation
- Develop project scope, feasibility, cost estimates, and schedules for assigned projects
- Assist in other areas and perform other duties, as needed. (This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities required for this job.)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, automation or electrical engineering
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred
- Strong skills with automation including troubleshooting, part feeding, PLC integration, pneumatics, etc.
Click available position to learn more and apply.